Ciate Sharp Tailoring and Velvet Tuxedo Lace Manicure Fail

Friday, February 5, 2010

9 comments
So now that Winter's almost over, I'm finally wearing my Winter collection nail polishes. Go figure. Anyway, good polish is timeless! The perfect edgy neutral is always timeless and oh-so-chic all year round! And the two Ciate colours I happened to buy when they were on sale at ASOS are pretty neutral and chic. I bought Sharp Tailoring and Velvet Tuxedo.

First of all, bottle pics of both of them! I'm really digging these two.

Sharp Tailoring is a very edgy neutral greige (you know, a cross between a grey and a beige), and is one of those colours that I LOVE to death. This one isn't like the rest of them - it doesn't have any pink in it (unlike the other greige-y colours), and that's what makes it stand out. It also has gold shimmer that really amps up the colour.

Ciate Sharp Tailoring

Velvet Tuxedo is a blackened-grey, or is it a black? that has beautiful multidimensional shimmer:

Ciate Velvet Tuxedo

I love those two colours, and I decided to do a KOTD with them, in attempt to replicate the "Lace Manicure" look that's been so popular lately. The KOTD itself turned out to be a massive fail due to my inability to stamp and align properly, but here you go anyway. I believe the plate is M57.

As you can see, in natural sunlight, Sharp Tailoring is a lot more grey, and a lot less beige.

Ciate Sharp Tailoring Velvet Tuxedo

In indoor lighting, you can really see it's beige-y-ness, and it's gold shimmer (which my @#$@% camera can't seem to capture. I think my camera has issues with shimmer). I do think it stands out best indoors, as opposed to outdoors:

Ciate Sharp Tailoring Velvet Tuxedo

Application-wise, both of them were a little mixed. Velvet Tuxedo gave me no problem whatsoever - it was opaque in one coat, and good enough to konad with. Sharp tailoring was a little sheer and streaky, but two coats took care of everything, so it's not a big deal. However, I do wonder if it was the polish or my lack of skillz that made this a little tricky to work with. But anyway, I've yet to see a dupe of this pretty little colour, so if anyone knows of a dupe with less application issues, let me know!

9 comments:

  1. That is not a fail, I actually really love the concept!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fail?! Where?? I don't see it, I think it's lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty color! <3
    I didn't think it was a 'fail'
    Looks like you made it work! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. KOTD is the nail art thingies, right? What are they called again, and how do you use them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Paloma: It's called Konad, and I'm not very good at explaining how it's done, but there are many youtube/blog posts on how to do it. Here's one of my favourites: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84mgBvT6YZY

    @bowsnhearts: Thank you!

    @kay: I don't think my konading skills are there yet, but colour-wise I quite like this one..

    @Michele: well the konad got blurred and the image didnt transfer totally, but I guess it looks better in photos than in real life :P

    @gildedangel: Thank you so much, you're too kind :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. img nooo those nails are super. naaaw EPIC win!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey babe, thanks for dropping by my blog

    I love the nail polish colour. Those are very unique colours. I usually don't purchase those shades of nail polishes. THanks for sharing. i really like the Sharp Tailoring.

    is KOTD refering to kondad? lol. They are SOO tricky to USE! and the videos make it look like a breeze :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. @xbbkay: KOTD is a Konad Of The Day, so yup, it's a konad! They're a little tricky - and I'm still getting the hang of it, but I LOVE the designs so I keep trying although I'm not that great at it. I agree that the youtube pros make it look easier than it is!

    @Saving Capulet: You are too kind girl! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read each and every single comment! If you ask a question in your comment, please check back to this post, as I will reply in a comment to this post as well :) Please note that comments with soliciting links to shops or websites will be removed. Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...