Barry M Lip Paints Swatches Part 1

Sunday, February 7, 2010

14 comments
Today, I am swatching and reveiwing Barry M's Lip Paints, which is what they call their line of lipsticks. Because Barry M has quite a few colours, this swatch is taking place over 4 days, so this is part 1 of 4.

When Barry M named them Lip Paints they weren't kidding: with the exception of a few colours, these are massively pigmented, and most of the swatches for this photo and for the swatches over the next few days were just a few strokes of colour!

A lot of the colours in Barry M's Lip Paints range are 'artistry' colours - meaning they aren't all that wearable for people who aren't as adventurous colour-wise (like yours truly), but even then, there are some pretty nice colours in there (you'll see what I mean as we go along). And one has to simply admire their sheer range of colours - after all, most drugstores have a pitiful selection of lipstick colours, so it's great to see one brand venture out onto the wild side.

Today's colours are all a little on the orangey side, but there are some pretty ones in here. Unfortunately the lipsticks have no names, so they're all named by numbers. Here are swatches:

Barry M Lip Paints

L - R: Orange 117, Peach 54, Coral 53, Peachy Pink 147 (New), Marshmellow 101

Orange 117 is a bright, yellow orange. Kind of like those orange crayons you had as a kid. Really bright, and matte.

Peach 54 is a bit more coral, slighty less orange and more pink than 117. It sort of looks like a coral-peach to me, although there are strong orange tones in there. This is borderline wearable for me - I probably wouldn't wear it, but I could imagine someone more adventurous trying that without looking stupid.

Coral 53 is wearable, and it's a very pretty coral-pink, less orange than Peach 54. There is still some orange in there, but here the pink is predominant. Probably good on warm-toned ladies looking for a strong statement coral liptick.

Peachy Pink 147 is supposedly a 'new' colour (so says my display), and it's a very pretty pink with a hint of coral. Obviously there isn't much orange in this, and I quite like it. This is definitely wearable.

Marshmellow 101 is a pale, pastel, almost-white-but-not baby pink. This one is probably an 'artistry' colour, but I imagine those interested in mixing their own lip colours or layering lipsticks would like this one.

As mentioned before, all of these are massively pigmented, but they have a pretty good texture. Swatching them, I didn't feel these were too greasy or too gritty, although they had a little bit of drag. The closest thing I can think of would be the MAC Satin Finish lipsticks. I think they're comparable, although the Barry M may be a bit drier than the MAC.

Next, we'll look at more Barry M lipstick swatches, and we'll be looking at pinks.

14 comments:

  1. Love the look of 147, such a pretty colour. I only have two Barry M Lip Paints (The Green on and 101) so the 147 may make into my collection!

    Thanks for swatching these! Can't wait to see the rest of them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great swatches! I wish these were sold in the US! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 53 & 147 are gorgeous.. I've been wanting to try the Dolly pink one for ages
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah!! Love the new blog layout.

    Love the swatches of the Barry Ms. Unfortunately they sound way too drying for my lips but I wish it weren't so because I've been looking for a coral the shade of #53 forever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh I like 53 & 147 the most. I'm not too crazy about wearing bright eye-popping colours too but these are pretty. ^^ Thanks for sharing & can't wait for the rest of the posts about these lipsticks!! By the way, I tagged you on my post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the 101.. And nice blog you have.. Im now a follower :) Come check my blog out to..

    //Ditte

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’ve tagged you dollface!!!
    http://obsessedmakeupaddict.blogspot.com/2010/02/snoopin-around-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I follwed you, your blog is amazing!! How did you get those seperate tabs at the top of the page. they look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice swatches, 53 in particular looks gorgeous! Dumb question, but is Barry M a British brand? I haven't heard much about it.

    Great new layout btw!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Kiradris: Barry M is a British drugstore brand, so if you're in the US, you probably wouldn't have come across it :)

    @Jordy's Beauty Spot: The tabs were part of the template, so I didn't have to do anything to make them myself. I got my templates from bloggertemplateplace.com

    @Obsessed.Makup.Addict: Thanks doll!

    @GlimmerGlam: You have a lovely blog too :)

    @PixyEla: Thanks girl!

    @Catherine: Thank you! They are a bit drying but I guess layering a balm under them might make it better? Although I guess that would be a bit of a hassle..

    @UrbanMermaid: Thanks! As far as I know unfortunately they aren't available in the US :(

    @Kelly/PlaneBeauty: I'm glad you like the Barry M Paints! They do have nicely pigmented colours:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going to try and get my hands on 147! It looks beautiful :)

    Never tried Barry M despite all the raves hehe

    Thanks so much for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh i continue to fall in love with Barry M. if only they sold these here (in Canada)! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. 147 looks very nice! Hopefully I can get my hands on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow uve got loads of barry m lippaints! wanna send me some? hehehe :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read each and every single comment! If you ask a question in your comment, please check back to this post, as I will reply in a comment to this post as well :) Please note that comments with soliciting links to shops or websites will be removed. Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...