Chinese New Year Nail Art: Red, Gold, and Pearls (Just a Bit!)

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

6 comments
Chinese New Year is coming round again, and you know what? This year, the first day of Chinese New Year actually coincides with my birthday? How cool is that? Anyway. Not that you wanted to hear about my birthday (I'm getting older, ugh!), but I'm sure you'll want to hear about my Chinese New Year mani.

So without further ado, here's my Chinese New Year's mani! Which, I guess, is also going to double as a birthday mani this year. I was inspired by this post which I stumbled upon, but I thought I'd make it my own by adding some bling, in the form of pearls!


For this mani, I used a Rimmel Fruities Lasting Finish Polish in Cranberry Zest. This was actually a launch from a couple of years back that featured scented polish (hence the "Fruities" name). Cranberry Zest smells kinda artificially sweet, but it's pleasant. While scented polish may be abit gimmicky, I like the little bit of fun they add to a mani. The design was done with China Glaze Hi-Tek, from the Khrome collection sometime back.

chinese new year nail art red gold 1


To make the designs, I used my Born Pretty Store nail brush set, using the longest brush to draw three lines on my nail. I don't know whether these types of lines are easier to draw or whether my skillz have improved, but the first time I did an NOTD with nail art brushes, the lines sucked a lot more. Yay for improvement!

chinese new year nail art red gold 3


Lastly, I added on some pearls from my Born Pretty Store pearl wheel for that extra bling. I used the smallest sized pearls for this one. I've recently been into pearls lately, as you can tell - my previous Winter-inspired nail art had pearls in it, and so did another deep red nail with pearls NOTD. But well, you know, I love my bling!

chinese new year nail art red gold 2


So there you have it, my Chinese New Years and how I did them. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it didn't actually take as long to do as I thought it would. If you have a steady hand, the gold lines won't take too long to do, although the placement of the pearls would take a little bit more time. Now I'm all ready for Chinese New Year!

6 comments:

  1. Really pretty! You're getting good with those little pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks beautiful! I'm having pearls on my wedding mani x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi! I just stumbled upon your site:). I am also from singapore, and only in the last two years overseas have I really gotten into makeup because makeup is so much more expensive back home. Though now I miss the asian makeup/skincare we can get so much more easily at home! I will be spending rest of tonight reading through your previous posts!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so pretty. How well do the pearls last on the nails?

    Emma x.x.x

    Emmadazzle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Emma: Depending on how firmly they're stuck to your nail, it can be quite long! For me, the polish usually chips long before the first pearl falls off. Usually when I take my mani off, I have to work to remove the pearls.

      Delete
  5. Such a cute mani! Very Asian colours =D perfect for the CNY~ i hope you have a good one!! gong xi fa cai ~ ^____^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read each and every single comment! If you ask a question in your comment, please check back to this post, as I will reply in a comment to this post as well :) Please note that comments with soliciting links to shops or websites will be removed. Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...