Valentine's Day Nail Art with a Spring Twist!

Monday, January 30, 2012

11 comments
Valentine's Day is drawing near, and so is Spring! After my Valentine's Day Candy Hearts eye look, I decided to do some Valentine's Day nails! I wanted something that was Valentine's Day, but still on-trend for Spring, and not all drenched in pastel pink and flowers (shudder). And I wanted something that was me.

So I incorporated all of these elements into my Springy Valentine's Day nail art! I used a popular colour for Spring 2012, mint, as a base, and I gave it a little Valentine's lovin' with the yellow hearts. And of course, I made it me with the addition of gold glitter!


For the base, I used Nails Inc Spring Mews, a gorgeous mint green creme that was opaque in two coats. This little baby was put up for adoption by her first owner, and when I adopted her, she was in a really bad shape, all dried up and crusty. I had to nurse her back to health with some nail polish thinner, and now she's good as new. Then, I added some gold glitter near the tips, using less towards the end. And lastly, I added the cute little hearts!

valentines day spring nail art 2


I really like this nail look - it's sufficiently girly without being too much, it's sufficiently Valentine's without being nauseating, it's sufficiently Springy without being a slave to trends, and it's got bling! All my favourite things. The only thing is, I feel like I didn't do the glitter gradient as well as I would have liked. Loose glitter can be hard to work with.

valentines day spring nail art 3


That's my take on Valentine's Day nail art. Fresh, springy girliness! I'm still feeling inspired, so you'll be seeing more nail looks themed around Valentine's Day, but with a twist - you can bet, they're not going to be pastel pink flowers!

11 comments:

  1. I love how fresh and spring-y this is, the green is perfect instead of pink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute nail art. I love the combination of the mintgreen with gold & hearts, awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! This is a sweet, refreshing take on a V-day mani!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love!
    http://liana-beauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. awhh... they look just so cute... love them!
    Greets from Dublin!
    xxx Marina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to try this out! Very cute! Now following
    www.amy-beths.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO pretty! I love the color combination and the style! Must try :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read each and every single comment! If you ask a question in your comment, please check back to this post, as I will reply in a comment to this post as well :) Please note that comments with soliciting links to shops or websites will be removed. Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...