Haul: Daiso Nail Art Glitter Set Purple: Holo Hearts!

Thursday, January 12, 2012

15 comments
The other day I went to Daiso for a little bit of budget rummaging. If you follow me on Twitter, you would have seen me laughing at their tiny nail polish holders, which are obviously not meant for nail polish-holics like me! Anyway, I did find something I ended up getting at Daiso - a set of nail art glitters!


I believe this is called the Glitter Set Purple (No 75). They also had them in other colours, I saw blue and yellow. But I picked the purple, because you know I have a thing for purple, right? It's my absolute favourite colour! The set comes with some diagrams and instructions. Basically the 3 jars in the set are stackable. You have to remove the lids, and screw the bases of one jar onto the top of the other jar.

Daiso nail art glitter set purple back


There are 3 pots of glitter. One is your averge fuschia glitter powder. Not bad. The next is a bunch of small light lilac stars. Also not too bad. Both are things i like and will use. But the thing I really bought this set for was the hearts. They're like, purple holographic hearts!

daiso nail art glitter set purple close


You know I love me some holo bling, so I'm going to just give you another close up shot of the purple hearts. When seen from different angles, they have this holographic sheen which is absolutely awesome! I love it, and I definitely can't wait to use it. This was also the key reason why I picked purple over the other sets - for some reason, only the purple set had holographic hearts. The hearts in the other coloured sets were just plain plastic hearts.

daiso nail art glitter set purple hearts


I paid a whopping S$2 for this set, and I'm happy. Yay for cheap goodies! Anyway, I don't know if your Daiso carries this, but if you do see it, remember to get it! Holo hearts aren't all that easy to come by cheap!

15 comments:

  1. I couldn't find it at my daiso! I just hauled heaps fom
    Daiso too and I'll be posting tem over the next few days. Did you find an eyeliner sealer at your daiso? Apparently they have it in Malaysia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Nicole: Can't wait to see your haul! I didn't see any eyeliner seal at Daiso though, the stuff they sell seems to vary from store to store.

      Delete
  2. This seems too complicated to apply? did you have a difficult time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Rashida: I haven't tried it yet, but usually I don't have problems applying nail art decorations. Practice helps :)

      Delete
  3. I've seen this around at Daiso! I don't quite know how to use loose glitter on nails though... care to share any nail art you do with this kit? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Fiona Star: You can just add them on top of nail polish wherever you need that extra sparkle (e.g. near tips, to form a design, etc)..it can get a bit messy if you're not careful though! I did something similar like that in this post using loose eyeshadow: http://musicalhouses.blogspot.com/2011/12/mixing-nail-polish-and-pigments.html

      Hope that helps!

      Delete
  4. These are so cute! I bet they will look adorable on your nails!

    http://lovelettersandsnippets.blogspot.com/

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. can you apply these to your face? how?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Anonymous: I wouldn't recommend them for face use, as they may not be eye-safe or lip-safe. The danger is that the glitter bits could irritate your eyes if they get too close to your eye. I bought these for my nails, not my face. You can see a nail art that has used some heart-shaped pieces and glitter here: http://musicalhouses.blogspot.com/2012/01/valentines-day-nail-art-with-spring.html

      That said, although I don't recommend the use of non-eye or lip-safe glitters on your face, I do know of people who have used non-eye-or-lip safe glitters on their eyes and lips and are still OK, so you may still try it if you wish, just remember that you are doing so at your own risk.

      Delete
  6. I have the exact set as you! They are adorable>< I didnt bother to read the back though...so i just learnt that i could screw them together:D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the exact set as you! They are adorable>< I didnt bother to read the back though...so i just learnt that i could screw them together:D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Which Daiso outlet did you buy them from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Anonymous: I got them from the outlet at Chinatown Point. They do change their product range around quite a lot though, so I'm not sure if they're selling the same thing now.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I read each and every single comment! If you ask a question in your comment, please check back to this post, as I will reply in a comment to this post as well :) Please note that comments with soliciting links to shops or websites will be removed. Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...