Spring/Summer Bright and Nude Eye Look!

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

5 comments
One of the major Spring/Summer trends for 2012 has been the contrast of brights and nudes. In makeup, this has often translated into a nude eye with a bright lip, as exemplified by Bobbi Brown's Neons and Nudes Collection. I really love this brights vs nudes trend, and I felt so inspired by it, so I thought to myself - why not do a bright vs nude eye look? So here is my rendition of this year's Spring/Summer trend - a neutral eye look, with a pop of hot pink!


For this look, I used the neutral shades from my Sleek Storm Palette, and the bright pink was from the Sleek Curacao Palette. You know I'm generally a big fan of Sleek Makeup's products, so I don't have anything bad to say about their eyeshadow palettes (their mascara though, was kind of a let down for me). They were pretty easy to blend and looked good on, and even photographed well. Usually eyeshadow colours can turn out weird on the camera, but for these, I barely had to do any photo-editing at all, other than tweaking the brightness (it was an overcast day).

spring bright nude eye look 2


My concept behind this eye look was just to have a pop of bright pink in the middle of the lid area, surrounded by neutral golds and browns. So I actually did a neutral eye with just the gold and brown first, and then placed the pink in the middle of the eye lid. After that, I blended out the shades, and I was done.

spring bright nude eye look 3


Although this was more of an experiment than anything else, I'm actually quite pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it. I feel like this look of blending brights and nudes together is a very easy way to make bright and neon shades wearable. I don't think I would wear hot pink eyeshadow out, but I would actually wear this combination out. It would be pretty great for someone trying out brights for the first time.

5 comments:

  1. The 2 seem pretty harmoniously put together :) Nice touch. I might give it a go with another bright color to see how it turns out. Thanks for the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the color placement! I love the outer v and outer lid and how you blended everything. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors and blending! This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read each and every single comment! If you ask a question in your comment, please check back to this post, as I will reply in a comment to this post as well :) Please note that comments with soliciting links to shops or websites will be removed. Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...