Purple, Orange, and Green Eye Look: Secondary Colours!

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

4 comments
So the other day I was on Twitter, that time-wasting website that makes my morning commute to work seem shorter somehow, and I noticed that one of my Twitter and blogger friends, Jamilla Camel, mentioned that purple and oraange were two of her favourite colours. Immediately, I had one of those "bing!" moments, and I decided to do a purple and orang eye look. Of course, because purple and orange go so well together, don't they?

Well, turns out, although they're totally clashing in every way possible, they both have one thing in common - they're both secondary colours on the colour wheel! So I decided to add in the last remaining secondary colour, green, into the mix. Because it wouldn't be nice to leave the last one out!

Source


So, you must be wondering what this bunch of colours looks like on the eye. Not that bad, actually, if you keep in mind that they aren't exactly supposed to "go" together.


For this look, I think I picked out all the colours from my Sleek Curacao Palette (I can't remember exactly, I apologize). I used the green on the inner corner of the eye, the orange in the lid, and the purple at the outer corner and the contour area.

purple orange green secondary colors eye look 1


I think the hard part was trying to blend out the colours without them looking muddy. I think I did an okay job at that. I have to say, I really love how this looks, although I didn't wear it out. It was just something I wanted to try out, just because of Jamilla's tweet!

purple orange green secondary colors eye look 2


So there you have it, my eye look inspired by a single tweet! Isn't it great how inspiration can just strike anywhere sometimes and lead you to do all sorts of things?

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! :-)
    http://www.itsbellatime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this is gorgeous, I love how you incorporate such bright colours and the colours do not look muddy. Do you wear it out?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read each and every single comment! If you ask a question in your comment, please check back to this post, as I will reply in a comment to this post as well :) Please note that comments with soliciting links to shops or websites will be removed. Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...