Revlon Age Defying DNA Cream Makeup Swatches

Sunday, November 6, 2011

9 comments
Revlon has been making waves with it's Age Defying DNA Cream Makeup, which is a foundation that claims to have anti-aging ingredients, which will slow down and reverse the aging process with prolonged use. I don't know about you, but to my skeptical mind (really? A foundation can reverse aging?) this is probably the best excercise in marketing I've seen. Everything, from the bottle to the helix-shaped container to the copywriting smells like a huge marketing stunt to me. I should so forward their ads to the professors who taught me my marketing classes back in University. I'm sure they could use it as a case study for their classes, LOL!


Anyway, I can't be commenting on the effectiveness of the product, but I can provide you with some swatches. The first thing I noticed when swatching these is that they oxidize really fast on my arm, and when they oxidized they became slightly darker than they appeared in the bottle. It's not a huge difference, but it was one thing I noticed. I couldn't swatch all the colours (only 4 are available in this part of the world, anyway), so here's what I could get.


10 Bare Buff is a light beige, slightly lighter and pinker than my NC20 skin, although it oxidizes to look slightly closer to my shade.
15 Tender Beige would be about the right shade for me, although I think in all honesty I'm somewhere in between Bare Buff and Tender Beige.
35 Honey Beige is a tan beige that leans warm.

Another thing I noticed when swatching these is that all the shades have microshimmer. While the shimmer is quite tiny and individual particles aren't visible to the naked eye, the amount of shimmer inside ends up giving a somewhat shiny effect to the foundation. You can see this in the swatch photos, where the foundation looks kind of "wet". That's the microglitter shiny-ing up the foundation, which may be a plus or a minus, depending on the finish desired.

9 comments:

  1. they look shiny and oily on the swatch, how about its oil control?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the swatches! I'd rather no have shimmers in my foundations....

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rindodo: I can't really comment, because I just swatched them, but my impression was that they were better suited for users looking for a dewy shiny finish, instead of a matte finish. So in short, I don't think they'd be good for oil control. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a huge fan of shimmery/glittery foundation. And you're right, the packaging is pretty gimmicky - having a DNA shaped bottle doesn't want to make me buy it any more, LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried this foundation and I love how it applies on my skin. It feels so moisturizing and offers medium to full coverage; however, I don't like the finish. Even when I applied a setting powder over the foundation, the finish was too greasy looking (not dewy) for me. By the way, I have an oily t-zone, but everywhere else on my face, it's normal (not dry or oily). It also looks shimmery under direct sunlight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. *sigh* I think I am falling for their marketing ploy, but I just really like the design of the bottle! Over here we have a much wider range. Do you swatch stuff in the store then take a photo of it? xD I should try that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried it at Watsons and it felt oily after just about a few minutes! Did you experience any oiliness? I think it will be good for dry or matured skin though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Bun Bun: I agree, it does seem to be better for dry skin than oily skin, because of the shimmer in it. On oily skin it may look quite shiny in a bad way...

    ReplyDelete
  9. i got curious with this too so i tried it on the counter. i find that it cakes easily and that it does oxidize fast. not worth even trying out so didn't bothered to buy. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read each and every single comment! If you ask a question in your comment, please check back to this post, as I will reply in a comment to this post as well :) Please note that comments with soliciting links to shops or websites will be removed. Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...