Stuff I'm Actually Using Up: MAC Dazzlelight

Friday, October 29, 2010

19 comments
As a beauty fanatic, I often get people asking me, "Do you actually ever use up any of your stuff?" And most of the time, I have to admit, I have way more than I'll ever use up. I mean, sure, I use up basics like concealers, powder products (face powders etc), and mascara (because they dry up quickly anyway), but when it comes to colour products, I have to admit, it's rare for me to use anything up. So when I do use something up, I have to trumpet it.

So here you go - look what I actually hit pan on lately, people!

MAC Dazzlight

That's MAC Dazzlight. It's a gorgeous fleshtoned neutral that packs a punch. I think I've been using it everyday for the past 6 months or so. And I know you're thinking - what's so special about this boring beige that she's using up so fast? Well, first of all it's highly pigmented. You know sheer eyeshadow shades bore me to tears, and this applies to fleshtoned neutrals as well. You see, when you wake up with those panda eyes in the morning, a bright fleshtoned neutral covers the fact that your eyes are sunken in and two shades darker than the rest of your face. And of course, it can only do that if it's reasonably pigmented.

mac dazzlelight swatch


The other thing about Dazzlelight is that it's frosty, as you can see from the swatch above. By that I don't mean chunky glitter, but I do mean so much shimmer that it's like bling for your eyes. That may, or may not, be a good thing depending on your preferences. Generally, I prefer some shimmer but not outright frost, so I do find Dazzlelight a tad too frosty for my tastes, so I exercise caution when applying. But as an eye-brightener, I can't complain that it isn't doing its job.

So now I cay say I'm officially using up something. Has anyone else recently used up something?

19 comments:

  1. I recently used up a Laura Mercier concealer and a Bobbi Brown one. Other than that I mostly use up skincare and haircare, oh and mascaras, but for the rest, I have yet to hit pan on one eyeshadows, even though I've been using some of them regularly for 2 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard so many great things about Dazzlelight! I use my LM brow powder and Secret Camouflage every day and have hit pan on both. I love a product you can always count on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've finished up plenty of my stuffs. Blot Powder, loose powder, lipglosses, brow set, etc... I've more than 30 MAC e/s and I finally hit the pan of Brule recently. I was excited. *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like an awesome shadow. I have heaps of makeup as well, and I haven't hit pan on anything in a long, long time. I have used about about 3/4 of my Neutrogena Mineral Foundation but I have a full backup, and haven't used them in months so that doesn't really count, lol. I need to put myself on a pan project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats a gorgeous colour! I want it now, I recently hit pan on my MAC Shroom! And I can honestly say thats the first shadow I've ever hit pan on...sad but true!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow :D I wish I'll use up something someday... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dazzlelight is a fantastic highlighter :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. it looks perfect for a highlighter! Which concealer do you use for undereye circles>

    ReplyDelete
  9. amei!!!=-þ

    http://apaixonadasporkonad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. i am the same way. i don't think i've hit pan on anything in a looong time. i need to take a break from buying makeup.. much easier said than done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually am looking forward to hitting pan on something!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks a great neutral, i am the same and get excited when i am close to using something up. The last thing i used up was clinique rosy cream blusher it's a fab colour x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am terrible on finishing up stuff... never get to the bottom of the bottle. Eyeshadows are worse! They all look brand new!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Same here! I have a large box at the bottom of my closet that un-used makeup goes to die. Things I've been using up: Makeup forever foundation, Lorac Eyeshadow in Enlighten, Amazing Cosmetics lipgloss in Shine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks really nice. Its so hard to use up products. Im on a project 5 pan but its not working out very well so far.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Props to you, I don't think I've ever hit tin on an eyeshadow!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've used up two shades out of four on a Clinique eyeshadow quad (the cream and brown on Polar Blue), and am nearly hitting the pan on a third, the pale blue - this after being told that a little dab of pale blue or white on the lid (over any combination of colours) brightens up the eye - and it really does!

    I find I do tend to use up my skin-toned eyeshadows. But all my brights and darks look untouched...

    More eye brightening tips please? :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Jennifer: I've used a few concealers for undereye. So far the one I like best is Laurier Mercier's Secret Concealer :) Right now I'm trying MAC Studio Finish, which I think is pretty decent.

    @Rina: I think you are like me - it definitely takes me a lot longer to use up my brights/darks than my skin-toned shadows! For other eye-brightening tips...I find wearing mascara helps, as well as putting a light beige/white/off-white shadow in the inner corners of your eyes helps immensely too :) I think a little bit of liner (but not too much) helps as well, but I suspect this would depend on the person's eye as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read each and every single comment! If you ask a question in your comment, please check back to this post, as I will reply in a comment to this post as well :) Please note that comments with soliciting links to shops or websites will be removed. Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...