Barry M Blusher Swatches Part 2: The Brights

Friday, October 8, 2010

8 comments
Barry M is usually known for their bright colours, but judging by last post's swatches, you wouldn't be able to guess. Fortunately, those who want blush (or blusher) shades that are brighter aren't disappointed, because today's swatches are all brights, and shades that I imagine are geared for more tanned women.

The blushers come in a plastic compact with a flip-top lid, and these colours are very nicely pigmented. I actually really like these, they're like a cheaper NARS or Illamasqua. The texture isn't as smooth or soft as Illamasqua's, of course, but for the price you can't complain. I'm a fan of these, and judging by the popularity of these blushes, I'm not the only one.

Barry M Blusher Swatches

L-R: Raspberry 4, Apricot 5, Terracotta 6

Raspberry 4 is a gorgeous bright magenta pink. It's brighter and darker than Strawberry 3 (which was swatched in the previous post). This is one of those colours which virtually anyone could wear, although it does lean a little to the cool-toned side. It was probably created with the darker girls in mind, but fairer girls could apply this with a light hand to get a pink flush.

Apricot 5 is a bright red-orange, kind of a cross between those reds and oranges you see on the colour wheel...that kind of bright. Still though, I think this is rather wearable because it's bright but not neon. This isn't my shade, but I can imagine it looking lovely on darker girls.

Terracotta 6 is also another one of those shades that was probably created for darker girls, but is another one which I think fairer girls could potentially pull off with a light hand. It's a brown-red, but I think applied lightly could be a neutral pinky-brown colour on, and those types of neutral pinky-browns are usually quite universally flattering. I'm guessing that if colours like Bobbi Brown Slopes and MAC Blushbaby didn't show up on you, this one would.

All the blushers are matte, or if they had a shimmer it was so slight that I can't remember it as being shimmery. The darker colours (swatched in this post) tended to be more intense and more pigmented than the lighter colours (swatched in the previous post), and to my mind, they seemed to have a slightly better texture too. Cheap and pigmented blushes are a rarity these days, so these are definitely picking up if you want some oomph but don't wish to spend too much.

8 comments:

Thank you for commenting! I read each and every single comment! If you ask a question in your comment, please check back to this post, as I will reply in a comment to this post as well :) Please note that comments with soliciting links to shops or websites will be removed. Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...