Cheap and Awesome: Collection 2000 Colour Extreme Lipstick Swatches

Saturday, October 23, 2010

10 comments
One of the things about drugstore lipstick is that the colour selection is often poorer than that of higher end lipsticks. Often, the colours aren't very nuanced, so we often see a bright harsh pink instead of a wearable one, or a weird dusty brown few people could wear. Of course, things have improved in the past couple of years (like the lovely wearable colours from Revlon's Colorburst range), but especially at the cheaper end, finding wearable lipstick colours can be a challenge. Fortunately, Collection 2000 has just the answer to such a problem.

Collection 2000 is the cheapest-of-the-cheap when it comes to UK drugstore brands, and their lipstick colours are surprisingly wearable, and quite complex for a drugstore brand. There isn't a colour that I swatched that I thought was outright unwearable or plan ugly.

Here are swatches:

Collection 2000 Colour Extreme Lipstick

L-R: Delight 1, Spice 2, Bliss 6, Firecracker 8, Playful 9, Hotpants 10

Delight 1 is a pretty pinky-mauve that is cool-toned. It has some slight shimmer, but not too much.

Spice 2 was swatched a bit too heavily because the lipstick broke off halfway (argh) so it isn't as dark or brown as it looks. It's a darker purply-pink that has shimmer that honestly is a bit on the gritty side.

Bliss 6 is a light-medium pinky-peach. A great option for warm-toned girls.

Firecracker 8 is a middle-of-the-road bright pillarbox red with a neutral undertone. You know I love red lips, so you know I'm going to love this one. If you're looking for a red lipstick but don't want to spend too much money, this is a good option.

Playful 9 is a peachy-coral with a hint of pink. Probably mostly a peach. Also a warm colur.

Hotpants 10 is a magenta pink, but as far as magenta pinks go, it's actually pretty muted. It's not a WOWZA pink, it's a pink that's got some zing, but it's not neon. I actually quite like this as a bit of a pop of colour for girls who don't want to wear brights.

The texture of these lipsticks was a little on the dry side, but I guess since these are probably the cheapest lipsticks you can get if you are in the UK, I can't really complain too much. I'd say these are cheap, and value for money.

10 comments:

  1. thank you ;*


    if you want follow me <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, 'Playful' looks stunning! I always enjoy your swatch posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you for doing all of these swatches! It gives me so many lemmings, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even before I got to your description of the colours, I liked Bliss and Playful. Then I read your description to find that they are the warm colours. I clearly am just drawn to warm colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hotpants is such a cute name and pretty colour! I also like the look of Playful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hotpants! They all look nice, but I'm a sucker for pinks. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for the swatch post

    ReplyDelete
  8. who. I was actually google-ing swatches coz I realized i didn't have a lipstick from Collection 2000 and I saw your post! cant believe this was 4 years ago :)


    -Maj
    @Makeupinmanila

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read each and every single comment! If you ask a question in your comment, please check back to this post, as I will reply in a comment to this post as well :) Please note that comments with soliciting links to shops or websites will be removed. Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...