My First Ever Nail Swatches!

Monday, May 24, 2010

16 comments
Today is nostalgia day! These are my first ever nail polish swatches - and as you can see they're the lousiest possible swatches anyone could make. They're made on a paper towel, and these were a bunch of swatches made at the Nails Inc store, and I made them on a piece of tissue paper because that was all I had to swatch on, and I couldn't do it on my own nails because they were painted with something else at that point in time. LOL!

Nails Inc Swatches

Here are the names by rows:

1st: Belgrave Place, Maddox St, Regents Palace, The Thames
2nd: The Serpentine, Kensington Palace, Bruton Street
3rd: Hanover Square, Jermyn Street, Berkeley Square
4th: Victoria Caviar, Victoria Gate, 80 Fulham Road
5th: Instyle Bare, New Bond Street, Belgravia
6th: Burlington Gardens, The Mall, Basil Street
7th: Dover Street, Hampstead Heath

I can't believe I started out making swatches like these, because they really are quite craptastic! I just posted them here for a laugh more than anything else, so I hope they've entertained you!

16 comments:

  1. Aww, we all gotta start somewhere though right? :D Plus they're still helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, this is so cute!! I'm so sentimental/nostalgic; I love saving and seeing stuff like this!! Really cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've never done a swatch so this is still helpful for me. i like that hanover square!

    http://cherylclarke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gave you an award:))

    you can check it out here:
    http://jayannecosmetics.blogspot.com/2010/05/i-wanted-to-thank-lovely-liloo-for.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! It made me smile. It reminds me of when a pen friend and I would send nail polish swatches done on paper to each other.

    Another way to go is to take a small piece of white cardboard/card stock, laminate with clear package sealing tape and swatch over the tape. The colors will appear true because the polish will not be able to absorb into the paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's cute! I used to do this on white printer paper so you aren't alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it! I've swatched on paper in a shop before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know KarlaSugar swatched on tape? Maybe you could try tape, or tape on paper, just because of the finish, since I think napkins kind of soak up the polish, and it's harder to see the finish of the polish...

    They still look pretty though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. bless you, sweet heart, how freakin cute is that xxx
    @tsunimee/liloo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Lady...I tagged you with an award. Go pick it up at my blog and keep the fabulous posts coming!
    http://lacquerwarefortipsandtoes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is funny! i love that you posted this piece of your past!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good effort! And super cute. n_n

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!THIS BLOG IS SO PERFECT!!GOOD WORK!

    I opened a new fashion blog too, I hope u'll be one of my followers:-)

    http://lifegivemefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha, sometimes I'm so tempted to do something like this for nail swatches. It's easier than using my own nails XD

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice to reminisce :) I love your Nails Inc collection though! Pining over some of those shades myself. I've got a Nails Inc obsession and it's so hard to get them from where I am!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read each and every single comment! If you ask a question in your comment, please check back to this post, as I will reply in a comment to this post as well :) Please note that comments with soliciting links to shops or websites will be removed. Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...