My First Ever Nail Swatches!

Monday, May 24, 2010

Today is nostalgia day! These are my first ever nail polish swatches - and as you can see they're the lousiest possible swatches anyone could make. They're made on a paper towel, and these were a bunch of swatches made at the Nails Inc store, and I made them on a piece of tissue paper because that was all I had to swatch on, and I couldn't do it on my own nails because they were painted with something else at that point in time. LOL!

Nails Inc Swatches

Here are the names by rows:

1st: Belgrave Place, Maddox St, Regents Palace, The Thames
2nd: The Serpentine, Kensington Palace, Bruton Street
3rd: Hanover Square, Jermyn Street, Berkeley Square
4th: Victoria Caviar, Victoria Gate, 80 Fulham Road
5th: Instyle Bare, New Bond Street, Belgravia
6th: Burlington Gardens, The Mall, Basil Street
7th: Dover Street, Hampstead Heath

I can't believe I started out making swatches like these, because they really are quite craptastic! I just posted them here for a laugh more than anything else, so I hope they've entertained you!


  1. Aww, we all gotta start somewhere though right? :D Plus they're still helpful!

  2. awww, this is so cute!! I'm so sentimental/nostalgic; I love saving and seeing stuff like this!! Really cute :D

  3. i've never done a swatch so this is still helpful for me. i like that hanover square!

  4. I gave you an award:))

    you can check it out here:

  5. This is adorable! It made me smile. It reminds me of when a pen friend and I would send nail polish swatches done on paper to each other.

    Another way to go is to take a small piece of white cardboard/card stock, laminate with clear package sealing tape and swatch over the tape. The colors will appear true because the polish will not be able to absorb into the paper. :)

  6. I think it's cute! I used to do this on white printer paper so you aren't alone :)

  7. I like it! I've swatched on paper in a shop before.

  8. I know KarlaSugar swatched on tape? Maybe you could try tape, or tape on paper, just because of the finish, since I think napkins kind of soak up the polish, and it's harder to see the finish of the polish...

    They still look pretty though! :)

  9. bless you, sweet heart, how freakin cute is that xxx

  10. Hey Lady...I tagged you with an award. Go pick it up at my blog and keep the fabulous posts coming!

  11. this is funny! i love that you posted this piece of your past!

  12. Good effort! And super cute. n_n


    I opened a new fashion blog too, I hope u'll be one of my followers:-)

  14. Haha, sometimes I'm so tempted to do something like this for nail swatches. It's easier than using my own nails XD

  15. Nice to reminisce :) I love your Nails Inc collection though! Pining over some of those shades myself. I've got a Nails Inc obsession and it's so hard to get them from where I am!


Thank you for commenting! I read each and every single comment! If you ask a question in your comment, please check back to this post, as I will reply in a comment to this post as well :) Please note that comments with soliciting links to shops or websites will be removed. Thanks!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...