Lusting After: Barry M Mushroom Nail Paint - Where Is It?!

Friday, May 21, 2010

11 comments
Okay, Barry M, hand it over. I KNOW you have it. I KNOW you've released this fabulous new shade of nail polish called Mushroom, and we both know it's right up my alley, since it's another one of those brown-grey mushroom shades I love so much. And you know I'll buy it. In fact, you know I'll probably buy TWO, because right now Superdrug is having a 2 for 5GBP promotion on Barry M Nail Paints.

So WHY can't I find it any of my Superdrugs?! I've been to 2 or 3, and I've seen all the other new colours - Strawberry Ice Cream, Berry Ice Cream, Blueberry Ice Cream, and Lemon Ice Cream - and I think they're alright, but where's Mushroom? That's the one I really want!

And don't tell me you don't have it, Barry M. I know you do. Your website HERE has a really tantalizing, teasing picture of Mushroom. I want I want I want. Maybe it's not quite the epitome of a mushroom griege shade, because from the picture and from swatches I've seen, it's a little too heavy on the brown and doesn't have as much purple as I'd like, but I want it anyway. I mean, it's a greige, right?

One day I'll get my hands on it. In the meantime, Barry M, can you please replace the picture of the model on your website HERE. Seriously, something's a little unsettling about that picture - is it because the girl is too skinny, too skinny, or too skinny? I seriously hope no young impressionable minds get body image issues looking at that photo. (Okay, I know there's more to body image issues than looking at photos of stick-thin girls, but you gotta admit this ain't helping.)

11 comments:

  1. Aww i seen this in my superdrug today and noticed it was new, Didnt pick one up though! Gutted now it looks lovely!!! Keep looking for it hun youll get it soon enough! it was the same with berry bit now thats in stock everywhere <3 x

    http://cosmeticsmile-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate when that happens as well! Awesome blog!

    -Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boots have a 3 for 2 on at the moment I'm not sure if they have the mushroom shade but it's worth a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww good luck with your quest to find this -- if you'll accept a nice substitute, check out OPI x Sephora's "Under My Trenchcoat" Me loves it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww your blog ia awesome keep up the good work hun! hope you could follow my blog as well. I would really appreciate that. thanks much!

    kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. I took advantage of this offer too, got myself Gold and Hot Pink. A lot of the colours seemed to be sold out in that particular store when I went in but I'm sure they had one bottle of Mushroom left.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have a look in Boots tomorrow and if I can see Mushroom I'll get it and let you know, if you'd like?

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Rebecca: thanks for the offer! I want to see if I can get it on my own first, I'm hoping to catch it when the Barry M nail paints are on sale again :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Couldn't you just order it from the website?

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Anonymous: I could, but then I'd have to pay shipping, and I wouldn't be able to use the 2 for 5quid offer at Superdrug, or the 3 for 2 at Boots...I'm cheap like that. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read each and every single comment! If you ask a question in your comment, please check back to this post, as I will reply in a comment to this post as well :) Please note that comments with soliciting links to shops or websites will be removed. Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...