Fall/Winter 2012/2013 French Manicure

Sunday, December 9, 2012

6 comments
Remember my last post on the Fall/Winter 2012/2013 nail trends? Well one of the things that was huge on the runway was this French manicure, with a nude base and dark tip:


I decided to try it out for myself to see how good it was in tea life, and I have to say, that this is pretty wearable.

fall french manicure 1

Here, I used Rimmel Beige Style (totally the most underrated nude ever - why this isn't a cult favourite like OPI Tickle My Francey is beyond me), and I used Nails Inc Victoria, the perfect "oxblood" (that's what those runway folks are calling it, not me!) type colour for the season. It's also pretty opaque (one coat gives you full coverage) and so is perfect for these types of nail tips.

fall french manicure 2

I actually freehanded the tips myself, and my key takeaway from this was that I should never attempt to freehand those tips, upon pain of death. I know I keep saying that I shouldn't freehand those tips, and then I keep on doing it, but it's because these things always look so much simpler than they really are! So I'm always thinking "I could do this!" until I actually do it, and then I'm like, "Oh crap."

fall french manicure 3

I like the look, as these are very chic, but I feel like these aren't as practical as they look - once the tips start chipping, it becomes obvious that something is wrong with your manicure. But it does look great though, so maybe it might be worth the trouble for some.

6 comments:

  1. Oh your nails look so cool. Plus it's so easy. I better try it. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great color combo for a French manicure! I don't think the tips look bad; they're pretty darn even. You should see the mess I can make out of freehanding tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great!! I happen to have nude on my nails already so I am going to try this right now xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful and unique way to play up your tips. great look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! This is so beautiful. I like the color combo. Never knew that other colors would be made as french tip. I usually go for white tip but now I am going to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very elegant :) I like the dark tips on nude nails... Has a vintage but modern vibe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read each and every single comment! If you ask a question in your comment, please check back to this post, as I will reply in a comment to this post as well :) Please note that comments with soliciting links to shops or websites will be removed. Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...