Summer Cheek Stains: Bloom Bronze and Rose

Saturday, June 12, 2010

5 comments
Today's swatches are another summer staple - cheek stains! These are from Bloom, an Australian brand that's carried in Australia and other countries. They're most famous for their nail polish among other items, but other than their polish, they seem to be pretty underrated. Anyway, like Benefit, they also have cheek stains.

The interesting about the Bloom stains is that not only do they have a Rose (or Rosie according to the website - I'm not sure which is the correct name) tint that every brand has, they also have more uniquely, a bronze tint, that functions as a bronzer! This is pretty unique, especially at the drugstore beauty level, because most bronzers I've seen to date have been in powder or cream form. This is pretty much the first gel bronzer I've seen, especially in a drugstore context.

Anyway, here are swatches:

Bloom Cheek Stain

Rose or Rosie (whatever the correct name is), is a deep cool-toned rose shade, while bronze is a muddy brown that probably needs to be tried on before you buy it - I'm not sure how this shade would translate onto most skintones. It seems like a really odd shade of brown to have, and honestly, it kind of looks like something you'd find in the bathroom...

Anyway, the texture of these cheek stains was in a gel form, so they weren't too liquid, and unlike previous stains I've swatched, these come in a tube with a brush dispenser. This makes it a little more convenient for travel than other stains which come in an oversized-nail-polish-like bottle, although I'm wary of the brush dispenser because it just looks like a breeding ground for germs. I personally like the Rose (or is it Rosie?) shade a lot, but the Bronze shade is a bit more dubious to me.

I wonder if anyone has tried the Bronze shade? How did it turn out on you?

5 comments:

  1. I think I like Rose best.

    http://makeupbykim-porter.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it **
    Follow me ;)
    http://nadaparavestir1990.blogspot.com/

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. rose looks like my shade!

    http://theveiledbump.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shade looks strange and I would probably apply gel bronzer all patchy :( I think I'll stick with powder. Interesting post though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i definitely like the sheered pink:D

    i am now a new follower. follow me too?
    http://www.readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read each and every single comment! If you ask a question in your comment, please check back to this post, as I will reply in a comment to this post as well :) Please note that comments with soliciting links to shops or websites will be removed. Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...