Fall/Winter Inspired Smokey Eye (Sort Of): Purple, Green and Bronze

Thursday, October 25, 2012

3 comments
One of the trends to come around for Fall/Winter 2012-2013 has been dubbed the "alternative smokey eye". It basically uses shades other than black (say purple or green), to do an eye look. Like in the photo below.


It isn't really that alternative, and I'd hesitate calling it smokey (to me, a proper textbook-definition smokey eye is that the lid colour should be deeper than the crease shade, but maybe that's just me). But I decided to give it a shot all the same. I'm not a
runway model of course (I know - shocking right? :p NOT.), so I adapted the look a little bit to get the below, which I felt was a little bit more wearable:


The idea was to use similar colours (in this case purple, green, bronze) to get an eye look. For this look I actually drew my three shades from various palettes - some are Sleek palettes, if I recall. I applied the purple on the inner half of the lid, the green on the outer half of the lid, and the bronze on the contour area.

fall inspired eye look 2

To be honest, I'm not sure how I feel about this look. It's a little darker than I normally like my eye makeup to be, but I think it's not that bad in real life. It doesn't look like a black eye at least! And although I've worn purple and green before in a brighter eye look, the darker combination makes it quite season-appropriate.

fall inspired eye look 3

So there you have it, my attempt to get into the Autumn/Winter Season! Is anyone else doing colour for Fall/Winter?

3 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous eotd! I just love how you make the colours pop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I REALLY like this! I've always been a fan of combining purple and green, even though my boyfriend says you should never do that. The bronze crease really makes everything work together. Good job, I say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blend of colors =) Really pretty and suiting for the wintry season =D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read each and every single comment! If you ask a question in your comment, please check back to this post, as I will reply in a comment to this post as well :) Please note that comments with soliciting links to shops or websites will be removed. Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...