Kawaii Makeup: Kissme Chupa Chups Lollipop Lipgloss!

Sunday, October 2, 2011

11 comments
Someone actually made all my gluttonous childhood dreams come true, and has actually come up with Chupa Chups Lipgloss! Kissme, a Japanese drugstore cosmetics brand, has actually come up with a range of lipglosses based on the Chupa Chups lollipops we used to eat as kids. Nothing like a little bit of yummy nostalgia, right?

When I saw these, my first reaction was "OMG CHUPA CHUPS LIPGLOSS!" and I couldn't help but start taking photos of all the lipglosses. Obviously someone up there in Kissme must have figured they can make lots of money from girls like me playing on fond memories that chupa chups lipglosses evoke. Just look at that huge rack of candy-lookalike lipglosses!


The lipglosses actually look just like the Chupa Chups originals, and are shaped like a lollipop on a stick. The lollipop head actually is a small round container holding the lipgloss, and the stick is a handle that has a small spatula applicator at the end of it. The lipglosses even smell like the lollipops. How cute is that?

All in all, Kissme has released six of the Chupa Chups Lipgloss colours, named after the various Chupa Chups flavours. You have Cherry, Grape, Caramel, Strawberry, Melon Soda, and Mango + Kiwi + Pineapple. Nom nom!

chupa chups lipgloss flavours w


Despite the cutesy packaging though, I have to note that the lipglosses are pretty sheer when swatched, and really sticky. Even after I cleaned these off with a wet wipe, they still felt pretty sticky on my arm. But because they're just so cute, I'm going to forgive Kissme and all their Chupa Chups Lipglosses for turning my arm into a field of stickiness. They are swatched below for anyone who wishes to know the differences between the individual colours.

chupa chups lipgloss swatches w


L-R: Cherry, Grape, Caramel, Strawberry, Melon Soda, Mango + Kiwi + Pineapple

Cherry is a sheer light red.
Grape is a sheer light purple.
Caramel is a light pinky brown with small bits of glitter.
Strawberry is a light sheer pastel pink with glitter.
Melon soda is a clear shade with lots of glitter, and pretty big bits too.
Mango + Kiwi + Pineapple is a mostly clear, ever-so-slightly peach-ish shade with glitter.

Aren't they adorable? I kind of wish they came in better colours, because sheer glosses (especially sheer glosses with so much glitter) just aren't my thing. If they had better colours, I'd be tempted to get a couple, just for the nostalgia factor! What do you guys think? Would you buy it, or is this just a gimmick to you?

11 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I probably wouldn't in the end, but I'd be tempted to buy just for the nostalgia factor :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Strawberry one! It smells ABSOLUTELY DIVINE...x)) And I love sheer glittery glosses, so I would love them I guess.=P

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are so cute!
    your blog is amazing!
    shall we follow each other?
    i follow you now, i hope you follow me back..
    xxxx

    www.lifeofberrie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so awesome >.<" I'd buy at least one for the sake of having it.. haha even if they turn out to be crappy~ Sucks to hear they're really sticky :/ Sticky lip glosses are a MAJOR no-no for me.. can't stand the feeling ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful blog

    -MIA XO
    http://naturezfinest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!! those are awesome lippies!!!

    http://ilovemakeup68.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the packaging, but not so much with the results.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love gloss, but hate sticky lips. Sigh, these are soo cute but not for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read each and every single comment! If you ask a question in your comment, please check back to this post, as I will reply in a comment to this post as well :) Please note that comments with soliciting links to shops or websites will be removed. Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...