Sleek iDivine Palettes Part 1: Original Palette Swatches

Sunday, December 13, 2009

5 comments
Good morning my lovelies! Today, as promised, we begin our 4-day swatchfest of the Sleek iDivine Palettes! Unfortunately I didn't manage to swatch Graphite, because my local Superdrug was out of palettes and there was no tester, but I have everything else! Today, we begin with the Original iDivine Palette - what better way is there to start, than to start with the original palette?

As usual, as is with all my pics, you can click for the full-sized picture.



Unfortunately, the individual colors have no names, but this is a really good palettes, and one of my favourites out of the entire range. Here's the colour breakdown, along with my monologue:

The top row of the palette consists of: a black (matte), a light lilac purple (shimmer), a deep indigo blue (shimmer), a light aqua blue(shimmer), and a lovely turquoise color that is a nice balance between green and blue (shimmer), a lovely emerald green that is very pretty (shimmer).

The bottom row of the palette has: a pale cool gold, which I love, because it's so hard to fine a cool gold (glitter), a lovely and unique light purple-pink rose color with gold flash (duochrome), a nude tan pink (glitter), a warm mid-toned bronzey brown (shimmer/small glitter), a dark neutral brown (shimmer/small glitter), an olive green with small gold glitters (shimmer/small glitter).

This palette was one of the better ones in terms of pigmentation and texture of the eyeshadows. Pigmentation-wise, there wasn't a single dud in the lot - all of them swatched smoothly, and went on with lots of colour. However, there are two shades that are particularly glittery, the pale cool gold, and the nude tan pink, both in the bottom row of colours. Both of them have pretty huge bits of glitter, and had a bit of glitter fallout. Some other colors had glitter, but not in huge bits, just tiny bits that didn't actually bother me, which are the last three colors in the bottm row. I felt that although there was glitter, it was fine enough to make it pretty usable, and I do think the glitters add to the dimension of the colours. I really loved the olive green with small gold glitters - it's like Urban Decay Stash 24/7 eyeliner in eyeshadow form! Cool.

The colors were also very vibrant. The lighter shadows in the top row, such as the light aqua blue, the turquoise, and the emerald green, were all very glowly jewel-tone colors, and there was a certain depth to them, as they were very clear, unmuted colours. I also liked in particular the light purple-pink color with gold flash, it really adds interest and depth to the color. I like the contrast of a warm gold flash with the coolness of the pink-puple lilac base color. It's pretty neat.

Now for texture. All of these had above average texture, especially for drugstore shadows. These are pretty good, there was no chalkiness, and every single one of the shadows was very soft. In fact, a little too soft perhaps, as some of them were a bit powdery. I'd have to handle these palettes carefully, since they're a little bit on the soft and powdery side.

So that's it for today. Tomorrow I will bring you another Sleek iDivine palette, and I will leave you to speculate on which one it is :)

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait till mine comes in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, pretty! All the colours look so lovely and pigmented! I hope I get my hands on one of these some day =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both Jeweled Thumb and Marce!

    Jeweled Thumb: This palette is probably my favourite or 2nd favourite! It's definitely one of their winners! Good choice! I am sure you'll like it!

    Marce: If you want a CP, you know who to ask! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is so gorgeous. I've always been interested in the Sleek palettes, but I totally want this one now hahaha. I did just get the UD Deluxe Shadow Box though and I'm pretty sure I have dupes of most of those colors but dude, that rose gold duochrome is soooo unique and pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i was thinking i don't need more e/s but when i saw the price - US$10! wow, i think i oughtta try it at least. thanks for the great swatches!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read each and every single comment! If you ask a question in your comment, please check back to this post, as I will reply in a comment to this post as well :) Please note that comments with soliciting links to shops or websites will be removed. Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...