Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Lotion (New Nano Formula)

Friday, August 10, 2012

3 comments
Hada Labo, famous for its Hyaluronic Acid line of products with the tag line, "one drop locks up an ocean", has released their new-and-improved version of the star product in their line, the Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion. Now, we have ...*Drumrolls*... the Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Lotion, in a brand new nano formula! This one is supposed to give the skin more moisture, by allowing the ingredients to penetrate deeper into the skin layers.


To be honest, I can't really tell the difference in feel or look between the new and old version. Both come in the same type of packaging, and both are clear, water-like liquids. They both feel the same to me, but if I had to split hairs, I guess I kind of feel like the newer version (SHA Hydrating Lotion) is a little less water-y and sliiightly more gel-like, and thus easier to apply. I don't really know. The difference is super, super slight. I could be imagining it, for all I know.

hada labo sha hydrating lotion swatch

Application-wise, the SHA Hydrating Lotion absorbs well, and only feels sticky for the first few seconds. Within a minute, it quickly absorbs, and my skin feels nicely moisturized, without any oily or creamy residue on top. In that sense, it's also quite similar to the original Super Hyaluronic Moisturizing Lotion.

I feel like both are good, but I have a slight preference for the newer version, because I kind of feel like it moisturizes better, although I'm not sure why, since the ingredients list for the old and new versions are exactly the same. Maybe there are some subtle differences in formula I'm not getting here.

Ingredients: Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, PPG-10 Methyl Glucose Ether, Methyl Paraben, Disodium Succinate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Succinic Acid, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate.

(For anyone curious, the "Super Hyaluronic Acid" is the Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate - a form of Hyaluronic Acid that binds more water to the skin.)


I generally like Hada Labo products - I feel like they live up to the hype, and the ingredients list doesn't have any fragrances or or colourants or extra stuff, and are generally good. I've liked the Hada Labo's Super Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Lotion before, and I don't see much difference to make me not like it this time round. Although I'm not too sure what's the difference between the nano formula and the old versions, I'm glad it still does what it claims to do, so I'd recommend it.

3 comments:

  1. I had used the old version before and find it quite moisturizing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard so much about this line and they are mostly positive. Maybe it will work on my dry skin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i tried the old version. i dont quite like it though. it's far too moisturising for my comb/oily skin, and i get red painful bumps during the first few weeks of usage. the light version is another story though - i love it! but i have to use it as a "toner" (soak cotton pad, instead of the recommended tapping the lotion onto the skin) =)
    cant wait to try the cleansing oil!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read each and every single comment! If you ask a question in your comment, please check back to this post, as I will reply in a comment to this post as well :) Please note that comments with soliciting links to shops or websites will be removed. Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...