Illamasqua Powder Blush Swatches Part 2 of 2

Sunday, June 26, 2011

9 comments
After the last post's tame blush colours, today's swatch post on the Illamasqua Powder Blushes (or Blushers if you aren't in the USA) are a much wilder bunch. Unlike last posts's mainly pink-based selection of pastels and some muted brights, today's range of colours goes all out to please the wildest imagination, while still remaining wearable. My favourite colours from the Illamasquaa Powder Blush/Blusher range all come from today's set of swatches too!

Illamasqua Powder Blushes

L - R: Excite, Kiss, Sin, Beg, Create

Excite is a bright neon orange, very in-your-face. It looks kinda like an orange crayon.

Kiss is a plummy-pinky-brown. Now I know it looks really blah in the pan, but this happens to be a a colour I actually own, and it's my favourite Illamsqua Blusher colour. It look very brown because when I swatch it I layer it on, but with a light hand it's a pinky-brown colour with a hint of plum.

Sin is a bright plummy pink, heavy on the plum. Unlike Kiss, this one looks pretty much the same on your cheeks as it does on your arm. It's like NARS Mata Hari, but on steroids. For those who felt NARS Matat Hari didn't cut it, this one is brighter and more intense in colour.

Beg is perhaps my second favourite colour in the entire line (another shade I actually have). It's a pinky-brown colour like Kiss, but less plummy and thus more warm-toned. It's also a bit brighter in shade, and very well pigmented.

Create is the weirdest blush colour I've ever come across. It looks like the stuff you'd find in the squat toilets I mentioned in this post. Anyway, Create is a yellowy-brown, very heavy on the yellow. I'm guessing this would be a contouring colour of some sort for very warm-toned girls.

The Illamasqua Powder Blushers are quite impressive in terms of texture and pigmentation, which is why they have such a huge following. I've previously done an FOTD with Illamasqua Sin and an FOTD with Illamasqua Beg, and I didn't come out looking like a clown (or at least I don't think so anyway), so these colours are perfectly wearable with proper application.

9 comments:

  1. oh wow, the color is pretty intense for blushes. I wonder how they would look on cheeks though

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Lina Kim: In the last paragraph of my post, I linked to two FOTDs I previously did with two of the blushes, so that would give you an idea of how they look like on the skin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh these are sooooo saturated! It will be fun playing with them, I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want sin and beg sooo badly! great swatches, they show the colors beautifully :)


    Vonnie
    http://www.socialitedreams.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually really like excite! I wonder how that would look on the cheeks...

    ReplyDelete
  6. there have nic intense but I am light skin tone I am afraid it will be too much for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure that I could carry off those wonderful colours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read each and every single comment! If you ask a question in your comment, please check back to this post, as I will reply in a comment to this post as well :) Please note that comments with soliciting links to shops or websites will be removed. Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...