MAC Pinky-Brown Neutral Lipstick Swatches!

Friday, July 2, 2010

10 comments
One thing every girl needs to have is a neutral pinky-brown lipstick. That's supposedly the quintessential MLBB (My Lips But Better) shade that goes with everything. Fortunately, every mid-range or high-end brand will have at least a couple of shades in that family. MAC, the ever-popular brand with a huge cult following, has a few MLBB shades, some of which are hugely popular, like Twig and Cream in Your Coffee. The basic colour families are the same, but differences arise in pigmentation, texture, finish and nuance.

And I mislabeled the photo. It's not Viva Glam Cindy in there, it's Viva Glam VI, I think.

MAC Lipstick Swatches

L-R: Viva Glam VI, Cream In Your Coffee, Brick-O-La, Retro, Spice Is Nice, Twig

Most of these were really pigmented, the least pigmented was Cream in Your Coffee. That's actually not a bad thing, because on my relatively fair NC20 complexion, a lot of these look awesome in the tube but come out on the brown side on me (like Twig and Spice is Nice). So if you have that problem with these shades, it might be better to get something a bit sheerer.

Finish-wise, I felt Cream In Your Coffee and Spice is Nice, being Cremesheens, had the nicest texture, although Spice Is Nice is more pigmented than Cream In Your Coffee. The rest were a little drier, and a little too dry for my preference. As heretical as it sounds, while I love MAC's colour range for lipsticks, the texture has always been a bit drying for me. Maybe I just have really sensitive lips. I really can't remember much else, because this photo was taken long ago, but I thought I'd just post it here anyway, because it might help someone.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the swatches. I agree everyone needs to have at least one neutral lippie. :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still looking for mine! Spice is Nice looks like it could be a contender tho.....thanks for the swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for sharing! i'll definitely be checking these out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you sure you didn't mix Spice is nice with Creme in your coffe? They surely look like the other way around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Anna: I don't think so, although I may have been mistaken since they were taken quite awhile back. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help in answering your question.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks alot u became my life Savior. I have been looking for such shades since long time, to match with my old pinky brown natural Matt lipstick. Neva found any in many years. Guess it wide match one of d shade u have post. Thnx a million. Love. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks a lot. I have been looking for such exact shaded from many years.. but Neva found any. Ur post helped me alot. Pls msg me if ur thr on instagram. Thnx a million. Love.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. cream in your coffee semms very nice =)
    kisses

    Marghe

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love the brown and neutral shades in Mac. I wanna collect them all!
    breathefashion-world.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read each and every single comment! If you ask a question in your comment, please check back to this post, as I will reply in a comment to this post as well :) Please note that comments with soliciting links to shops or websites will be removed. Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...