Majolica Majorca Cheek Customized Blusher Swatches

Friday, January 8, 2010

6 comments
Today's swatches are the Majolica Majorca line of blushes. Majolica Majorca is a brand of drugstore cosmetics hailing from Japan, under the Shiseido banner. That's really cool. It's like Shiseido for drugstore! Anyway, they're easily available at drugstores in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, and Japan.They also have the cutest, girliest packaging for their products, and they've been getting raves so far.

The blushes, I'm afraid, aren't one of their standouts, although they're decent enough. The colours are a little bit odd, but they're all sheer, so they would probably look better sheered out. I just built them up to give a sense of the colours.

The line of blushes come in cute slide-out packaging, and you can buy nicer packaging in compact form separately if you wish.

I liked the blushes, sort of, I guess. I don't know. I was excited to swatch these, but they're all sheer and powdery. I guess they're OK.

Here they all are:

Majolica Majorca Blush Swatches

L - R: OR211, OR322, PK333, RD255 and 88

OR211 is a peachy orange, OR322 is a corally colour, PK333 is probably the most popular colour in their line, a boring but universally flattering neutral light pink, while RD255 is sort of like NARS Exhibit - but a lot, a lot more sheer.

88 is interesting. It wasn't released with the normal line of blushes, and was sitting in its own display, probably as something from a new, possibly limited edition, collection. It's a sheer light pink with sparkles - think Benefit Thrrrob and you've probably got it pat. It's a good highlighter, even if a bit boring. The sparkles annoy me a little, since they're a little on the chunky side, though. Still, its pretty.

6 comments:

  1. I love those colours, but I've never heard/seen this brand :(
    Too bad I can't get my hands on them

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ObssessedMakeupAddict: I guess if you're not in a very specific part of South-East Asia it's hard to get a hold of, seeing how the brand's only in 6 countries. However, if you REALLY want, you could get someone (e.g. from Singapore) to CP them for you! Would probably beat attempting to order online/ebay, where prices might be jacked up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh. How interesting! I haven't really hard very much about MM's blushes at all, now that I think about it. Thanks for the swatches though! I think a lot of Asian cosmetics seem to be very sheer on the blushes but ... I dunno. I haven't tried a NARS blush yet, but the idea of having to be careful when applying my blush doesn't really appeal to me LOL. I really like my Laura Mercier ones where a few bounces into the pot with my brush is more than enough to cover one cheek but I don't have to be afraid of using too much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Catherine: Yup. Sheer blushes seem to be an Asian brand thing. I think its because a lot of Asians prefer light blusher. I think MM is more famous for its eyeshadows than its blushes, so I'll be swatching the shadows soon. And yes, NARS does require careful work, esp with all the bright colours! It's hard to find a blush that's not too pigmented or too sheer...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to buy this Shiseido brand. I'm having such a hard time finding online stores that sell them :( Maybe I should just go to Japan and do major shopping damage out there. lol. Thank you for the swatches! Lovely blog, btw!

    http://skincareandmakeupreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the swatches dear! Really helped me decide which blush to purchase!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read each and every single comment! If you ask a question in your comment, please check back to this post, as I will reply in a comment to this post as well :) Please note that comments with soliciting links to shops or websites will be removed. Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...