KOTD: Sephora OPI Metro Chic, Konad Special Polish White

Monday, January 4, 2010

3 comments
Today's KOTD is $OPI's Metro Chic, and I used Konad's Special Polish in White for the design.

$OPI Metro Chic has been all over the blogosphere and back. It's a much overexposed, much over-reviewed little thing, but I do like it very much. I love these purply-grey-brown, mushroomy colours. They're probably my favourite colours for nails. Anyway, this isn't really good OPI - but then I've been told via hearsay that $OPI polishes are not actually made the same as OPI polishes, they just have the OPI label slapped on them. No idea if that is true or not though. This was 2 coats, although 3 would have been optimal. It's a litle sheer and streaky, although 2 - 3 coats covers nicely.

This was plate M36, I believe. Once again, sorry for the lousy lack of skills, as well as the raggedy cuticles - I'm very much a noob in the nail department, and I swear, I'm chronically plagued by terribe cuticles.

Sephora OPI Metro Chic and Konad White

3 comments:

  1. What nail design thing do you use, and how do you use them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Paloma! I'm using Konad right now, and this particular design is from plate nmber M36..basically its sort of like a metal template with the design etched onto it, and you put polish over the design, scrape away the excess polish, and then use a rubber stamp to transfer the image from the template to the nail! I'm sorry if that sounded convoluted, but there are tons of tutorials and videos (just google or youtube 'konad tutorial') that will help!

    In particular this one is my favourite, because it's short, and clear: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84mgBvT6YZY and I think he does a better job than me of explaining the konad system..
    I hope that helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want Metro Chic so bad, it's so pretty!

    Kelly x

    http://jellyminxthinks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read each and every single comment! If you ask a question in your comment, please check back to this post, as I will reply in a comment to this post as well :) Please note that comments with soliciting links to shops or websites will be removed. Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...