Empties: Out With the Old, In With the New! Part 1

Monday, January 1, 2018

3 comments
Happy new year everyone! First post of 2018 and it's an empties post! What better way to start out than by showing you my last set of empties that I've managed to use up in 2017? I figure all these empties officially give me a clear pass to keep hauling and procuring more makeup, skincare and beauty items in 2018! :P


Last batch of empties from 2017!

Anyway, like the previous empties post, this round of empties also consists mostly of skincare. I do realize that I tend to use up certain skincare items (lotions, sunscreen, serums, cleansers) much faster than makeup, particularly colour makeup. I guess there's only so much blush a girl can apply before looking like a clown, but you can slather lotion on your face until your skin is basically dripping in liquid, oops. (Not that I haven't done that at all, oh no, not me, I mean, that would be so weird, who does that... *looks away and whistles*)

Empties Skincare Makeup 2017
Last round of empties from 2017: Mostly skincare, especially cleansers

So, without further ado, let's start on part 1 of this round of empties. Today, we'll be looking at the various cleanser and makeup remover products - I figure cleansers (what with washing old skin and makeup away to reveal the new skin underneath) are tangentially related to the new year and thus a suitable way to kick off the empties post!

Empties Cleanser
Cleanser empties: Curel (my favourite of the bunch), Citrus Clear, and Dr Benjamin Yim

First, we start off with the "normal" cleansers. We have the Curel Sebum Care Foaming Wash, which I actually really liked. It's the kind of cleanser that is dispensed as a foam, which was cool, but what I really liked about it was that it did seem to clean the skin well without drying it out, and it wasn't too harsh. Would definitely use this again! I also have a Citrus Clear Antibacterial Acne Wash, which I found to be generally alright. It does come in a somewhat heavy glass bottle, which I found pretty unusual since most cleanser bottles are plastic. Still, the cleanser itself was pretty decent. Lastly, I also have a Dr Benjamin Yim Purifying Cleanser. I found this to also be pretty alright - it's harsher than the Curel cleanser, but not overly so. However, I did find that while it was generally find, it was a bit too harsh when I was taking accutane for my acne, although when I was not, it was just fine. I would consider using this again, but it's a little bit on the pricey side, and personally, I don't think it's worth paying that much for a cleanser.

Empties Oil Cleansers
Oil cleanser empties: Shu Uemura and Bifesta, both really good options

Next, we have oil cleansers! I actually reviewed the Shu Uemura Anti/Oxi+ Oil Cleanser sometime back, and in my original review, I said it was a great product. It's true - I've finished it all, and I still think it's a great product. Everything I said about the Anti/Oxi+ Oil Cleanser in my old review from a year ago still stands - it's a great cleanser, it rinses off easily, and removes all traces of makeup. Would definitely consider using this again.

Similarly with the Bifesta Cleansing Gel Liquid - unfortunately I never did a review for this on my blog, but I did use this up and like it very much. It also does remove makeup, rinses off well, and seems to play nice with my skin. It's also pretty affordable, so this would also be in my repurchase list. I do love it when I find good skincare products at the drugstore, it's one of my cheap thrills in life.

Empties Micellar Cleanser
Micellar cleansers empties: Bioderma and Jonzac, again both great drugstore picks

Lastly, we have the three micellar waters (or micellar cleansers) that I've used up! Again, these are all drugstore and pretty good! I have a huge 500ml bottle of Jonzac Soothing Micellar Water, and although the brand isn't really well-known, it does have some very nicely-formulated products in general (I also have a moisturizer from them that I rather like). This does remove my makeup well, and it doesn't leave behind any residue behind either. Definitely would consider repurchasing this one.

Also, we have two baby bottles of Bioderma micellar cleanser - the Bioderma Hydrabio H2O Micellar Solution, and the Bioderma Sebium Micellar Solution. I actually reviewed these two a long, long time ago in 2014 (complete with a "what are micellar waters anyway" introduction because back then micellar waters were a new thing to the market and everyone was like "ooooh but how do they work" haha), and looking back at my old, old review, everything I said still stands. I still love these products, and think they are great, and well-formulated. I know Bioderma has multiple formulas among its micellar waters, but I feel like generally they all do an excellent job, so if you aren't sure which one to pick - well, anyone will do really! Still one of my favourite micellar waters at the drugstore, for reasons of both price and quality.

That's it for now, we'll be looking at masks, moisturizers, lotions, and the like next post!

3 comments:

  1. Appreciate the recommendation. Let me try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Its really good to hear from you again. I discovered your blog recently and I enjoyed your reviews very much!!! Happy 2018!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a big fan of micellar waters/cleansers (as I prefer oil cleansing), but yes, Jonzac has some really nice products in their range!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read each and every single comment! If you ask a question in your comment, please check back to this post, as I will reply in a comment to this post as well :) Please note that comments with soliciting links to shops or websites will be removed. Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...