MUFE Aqua Cream Swatches: Part 1 of 2

Saturday, April 28, 2012

6 comments
MUFE is one of those makeup brands that seem to do no wrong - everything the brand puts out seems to be a winner, from foundation, to blushes (both liquid and powder), to eyeshadows, to eyeliners, and the list goes on. Seriously, is there a product in the line that is horrible?

Anyway, one of their much-raved-about products is their Aqua Creams. Basically, the MUFE Aqua Creams are little plastic pots of cream colour, and you can use them on eyes, lips, face, or however else you want (do note, some shades are only eye or lip safe - best to check before use). Most people use them as cream eyeshadows or blushes.

I have to say, these are massively pigmented - I only need a few swipes for each strip of colour. And, these also really, really, stay on. I had to end up doing a proper cleaning with makeup remover to remove these, wiping, even with a wet tissue, just wasn't doing the trick.


21 Turquoise is a bright, jewelled turquoise blue. Very pretty, if you like bright, tropical shades.
02 Steel isn't actually steel (which to me would be a gunmetal grey type shade), but a lovely, gorgeous taupe with hints of purple and brown. If you're a taupe fan, you need this already.
04 Snow is a shimmery white. Simple and basic.
01 Anthracite is a shimmer black.
15 Taupe isn't really taupe (to me that would really be 02 Steel), but it is a very pretty shade of medium neutral brown. I like it, I just don't think it's taupe.
05 Peach is a pinky-peach shade. I think this is one of those shades that would be really pretty as a blush.
12 Golden Copper is a orangey copper shade. Very warm-toned, and very metallic looking.

These aren't cheap, but a pot is generously-sized, and would probably last for quite awhile. If you see a colour you like, they're worth checking out.

6 comments:

  1. I think #5 isn't suitable for eyes use in fact, and I've used it loads as a blush, I think it looks a lot like a cream version of Nars Orgasm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Musing on Beauty: Yup, some shades are not eye and/or lip safe. The non-eye safe ones tend to be used as blushes/other face use. I'm not sure about 05 itself, but you're right, it's definitely a great blush colour. Does look like Orgasm too!

      Delete
  2. Adore Steel and Anthacite! Beautiful colours xo

    tattooedtealady.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. that blue is a fantastic colour

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh!! Thank you so much for buying and swatching these! Peach is my favorite of the above, though i'm kind of surprised that you still need a few swipes. When I think massive pigmentation I think one swipe and go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow the last four shades I want! I totally would use them by themselves! it would make a smoky look so quick! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read each and every single comment! If you ask a question in your comment, please check back to this post, as I will reply in a comment to this post as well :) Please note that comments with soliciting links to shops or websites will be removed. Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...