Sleek True Colour Lipstick Swatches Part 1!

Monday, July 5, 2010

5 comments
Sleek has quite the cult following both in the UK and in the US, which is pretty amazing given that they're a UK-based drugstore brand. In particular their iDivine eyeshadow palettes (swatched HERE) and their blushes (swatched HERE) are the standouts of the line. Today I'm bringing you something swatches of one of their less-noticed products, their True Colour Lipstick.

The first thing you'll notice about these bunch of swatches is the unusual colour palette. Sleek does consiously seem to cater to darker-skinned women, and even the models they use tend to be darker-skinned, which is pretty cool in a sea full of brands all using blonde-haired-blue-eyed models. So while I have to admit that these shades aren't necessarily my cup of tea, I think Sleek has done a pretty good job of bringing more colour options to the table for all of us.

Anyway, here are the swatches:

Sleek Lipstick Swatches

L-R: Blaze 827, Cherry 828, Fuschia 833, Mulberry 837, Vixen 843

Blaze 827 is a brown shade that, as mentioned before, is really unusual.

Cherry 828 is my favourite of the lot, a cool-toned deep plummy red.

Fuschia 833 is probably the most "typical" colour option they offer, and is a bright bubblegum pink.

Mulberry 837 is probably one of those colours that really sells well during Halloween, LOL. It's not black, but it looks almost-black, and it's a deep blackened purple-red.

Vixen 843 is a bright red that is mostly neutral but leans a little to the warm side. This is a good option for anyone looking for a bright red lipstick on the cheap.

The thing I like about these is that pigmentation isn't skimpy - even the lighter pink colour, Fuschia, is pretty opaque once you layer it a little. The finish of the lipsticks was also nice - no big bits of glitter or anything like that. Most of these had a slightly glossy cream finish, which I quite like.

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous that they not only cater to women with a darker skinned women and uses them in their advertising. I get tired of seeing all the blonde and blue eyed photos....something I'm never going to be nor do I want to. :P Anywhiddle, I really like the cherry, and I like their variety of rich colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I'm so glad you did this post! Fuchsia is going on my wishlist! It's lovely! I really like Mulberry and Cherry too!!!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cherry and Fuchsia look lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think Blaze 827 is a particularly unusual shade. It looks like it would make a great nude for me - remember, Sleek is aimed at black women.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for sharing! i think i want Mulberry and Cherry! was thinking of Papaya Punch too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read each and every single comment! If you ask a question in your comment, please check back to this post, as I will reply in a comment to this post as well :) Please note that comments with soliciting links to shops or websites will be removed. Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...