Sleek Makeup iDivine Circus Palette Swatches!

Saturday, July 10, 2010

7 comments
Sleek has released yet another limited edition eyeshadow palette to their i-Divine collection, making that another palette to drool for if you're one of those girls who love Sleek palettes. Their eyeshadow palettes are one of the most popular and noteworthy things from the line, and are definitely worth taking a look at, if you see any in colours you might like.

The latest palette is full of brights, and aptly called Circus. Now I don't know about you, but just seeing that name and all the bright colours makes me want to sing, "All eyes on me in the center of the ring just like a circus!" Although I seroiusly doubt I could pull any of the Britney Spears moves.

Anyway, the packaging for this one, in keeping with the circus brights theme, is a rather eye-catching shade of red. And the shades? Bright and eye-catching.

Take a look for yourself:

Sleek Circus Palette

The shades on the top row consist of a bright matte tomato red, a lilac purple with a blue flash, a matte bright pink that was a little on the sheer side, a sheer matte white, a matte bright canary yellow, and a shimmery magenta purple.

The shades on the bottom row are a matte jet black, a matte perwinkle purple, a shimmery yellowish lime green, a matte bright sky blue, a shimmery blue that's a cross between cobalt and navy, and a matte bright orange.

While not all of these colours are shades I'd personally wear, I love the fact that for the most part these are bright and pigmented. Most of the colours aren't all-out neon, but they're bright enough to be noticed. In particular I really love the lilac purple on the top row - the blue flash makes it so pretty, and the periwinkle purple on the second row adds a pop of colour, but is still pretty and feminine.

However, there were a couple of duds in this palette. For one a couple of the shades were a bit sheer, like the white and the bright pink in the top row. You can see from the photo that they don't show up in the swatch pictures as well as the other colours. Also, as is usual with the Sleek iDivine palettes, the texture of the mattes and shimmer shades are different, with the mattes being a bit harder and more chalky, and the shimmery shades being softer, sometimes perhaps too soft. I've heard from a couple of people that the shimmery shades can be a little crumbly sometimes. But for the most part, the quality and feel of the shadows in this palette is just like their other palettes.

Between this palette, and the Acid palette (the other Sleek palette of bright shades, swatched HERE), I prefer this one. For some reason the colours strike me as being more interesting, complex, and more well thought-out. You can tell they've thought about which shades a user might pair together, and how they can co-ordinate the shades while still covering most colour bases. As a result, this palette seems a bit more wearable than the Acid palette, even though both of them consist mainly of bright shades.

I imagine that for someone who loves brights, and wears them often, this palette would probably get lots of use. Alternatively, for someone who doesn't wear brights often, but would like to have all their bright shades in one palette for the occasional use, I also imagine this might come in handy. If you've tried previous Sleek palettes and have liked them, this won't disappoint you if you want some bright shades.

7 comments:

  1. I have to get my hands on one of these palettes. They look amazing!

    Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the dark blue on the bottom row! These colours aren't really me though, I'm a neutrals and golds girl :p:

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow look at all those colours xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the short review and swatches (I don't know why I have to see 100000 swatches of diverse bloggers to ensure that I need something)! I love this palette as soon as I'll receive it for my b-day. Though I'm very excited to get it, I'm quite disappointed at the same time. Why on earth don't Sleek do a highly pigmented matte white?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I saw your blog. I wanted to invite you to my blog, edk.dolce where I developed the idea for "Featured Followers by Elle © " where I promote all my followers, and give them a chance to attract more people to their blog & for my followers to learn more about them! Check out my blog @ www.edkdolce.blogspot.com
    *Elle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear god, the purples, magenta and lime green are BEAUTIFUL. ;~;

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read each and every single comment! If you ask a question in your comment, please check back to this post, as I will reply in a comment to this post as well :) Please note that comments with soliciting links to shops or websites will be removed. Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...