GOSH Velvet Touch Eyeliner Swatches!

Friday, March 26, 2010

5 comments
Today, I bring you GOSH Velvet Touch pencil eyeliner swatches! These babies are totally awesome. They're my second favourite brand for pencil eyeliners, and that's saying a lot because those of you who know me will know that nothing, and absolutely NOTHING, can top my love for Urban Decay's 24/7 pencil liners, so to be second is a big wow.

These are of really good quality. They glide on just as smoothly as the Urban Decay 24/7s, and they are just as creamy. They also last for almost as long, and are a lot cheaper too. And they have an awesome range of colours too - the swatches below aren't everything, but they're what my Superdrug had testers for, so there are actually other colours out there that I didn't swatch. I really highly recommend these with all my heart, I do love them so.

Some of the liners had numbers with the names, and some didn't, so that explains the inconsistent labelling. Don't ask me why though - they were all Velvet Touch Eyeliners (i.e. the eyeliners that were in non-twist pencil form with the cap). I'm pretty sure they're all from the same range, but if I got anything wrong, let me know!

And, here we go! Swatches:

GOSH Velvet Touch Eyeliner

L - R: 010 Copper Girl, 008 Silver Screen, Purple Stain, Green Grass, Golden Moss, Woody Green, Cool Mint, Pretty Petrol, Black Ink, 001 Blue Moon, 002 Girl Power, 004 Green Boost, 005 Golden Cadillac, 003 Green Devil, 006 Bananas, 007 Alligator

Most of the names are pretty self-explanatory, so I guess I'll keep my chatter to a minimum today. Most of the colours have shimmer that gives a certain sheen to them, although a couple are matte, and some have a metallic or duochrome finish. Surprisingly, because of the greyed-out nature of most of the blues and greens, especially the darker ones, they're actually more wearable than they look at first glance.

010 Copper Girl is a bronzey brown that's on the warm side - I could see this veering pretty orange if you're really cool-toned.

008 Silver Screen is a pure platinum silver. Very pretty. As you can see this one has a nice metallic finish that really makes it stand out as compared to just pure grey. I like this one.

Purple Stain is really cool. I think it might have had a slight blue/purple duochrome that the swatch didn't fully capture, and is a very pretty violet-purple that leans blue.

Green Grass is is a mid-tone green that is neither too yellow nor blue (as opposed to the yellow-green 003 Green Devil, or the blue-green 007 Alligator), and it's a pretty basic green.

Golden Moss is one of my favourites, as it's a very pretty olive green, and it reminds me of Urban Decay's Stash 24/7 liner. You know I love a good olive green eyeliner, so I'm all over this one.

Woody Green is a very pretty greyed teal. I don't know why they called it Woody Green, seeing how it has so much blue in it. Nevertheless, this is really pretty, and one of my favourites. It's a dark bejewelled teal that is pretty, and lends a pop of colour, but the way the colour is greyed keeps it muted and wearable.

Cool Mint is one of those colours I'd ooh and aah over, but would never dare to wear (I know, I'm a wimp). It's positively glowing in this swatch, and has a slightly frosty metallic finish. So pretty.

Pretty Petrol is a it's a bright but wearable colbalt-bordering-on-navy blue. I like how it's a cross between colbalt and navy - it's wearable, but still pops for a bit of colour.

Black Ink is a flat out matte black, so that's one to look at for those who are looking for a good basic black eyeliner, or who want a cheaper version of Urban Decay's 24/7 liner in Zero.

001 Blue Moon is a blue with shimmer. Your basic mid-toned shimmery blue.

002 Girl Power is an orange shimmer. I wouldn't wear such a colour, but hey, how often do you see orange eyeliners around?

004 Green Boost is a pastel pale jade or mint green - sort of like Chanel Jade (and all its imitators) but in eyeliner form, instead of nail polish form. If anyone liked the whole mint green or jade green nail polish trend and wants to try it in eyeliner form, this is it. It's also got a frost finish to it.

005 Golden Cadillac is a sunny bright yellow. It's a good primary yellow - the kind you see in colour charts.

003 Green Devil is a yellow-green, and it reminds me of grass more than Green Grass. But it's a great green for very warm-toned girls who find most green eyeliners tend to pull blue on them.

006 Bananas is another one I like. It's a shimmery vanilla yellow that does remind me of the inside of bananas. For girls who like to rim their waterline with light colours, or use a light-coloured eyeliner in the inner corners of their eyes, this is a good one.

007 Alligator is a pretty slightly greyed blue-green that reminds me of emeralds. I like the jewel tone of the colour.

5 comments:

  1. Your posts are always so usefull ! I am not sure they are good for my wallet though (I bought 4 sleek palettes because of your reviews just yesterday !!!)

    Thanks from MTL for your detailed reviews, I am hooked now ;-)

    Caro xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice range of colours! I think I'll stick to UD 24/7 for my regular black pencil but I might consider getting some of the others :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never used Gosh cosmetics but this post and these colors look incredible!!! I love your posts- they are always so useful!

    Ashley :)
    awfulbeautifuldisarray.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woody green is definitely my favorite...I think colors like that just look awesome on brown eyes =) Do you know if Gosh is available in the US?

    willworkformakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colours and pigmentation! I love Golden Moss and Bananas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read each and every single comment! If you ask a question in your comment, please check back to this post, as I will reply in a comment to this post as well :) Please note that comments with soliciting links to shops or websites will be removed. Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...