Guerlain Kiss Kiss Lipstick Swatches: Re-launched, and Still as Gorgeous

Monday, September 8, 2014

Leave a comment
Guerlain's Kiss Kiss Lipstick was one of the brand's iconic products with its cube-like packaging, and now for Fall 2014, the brand has re-launched these! There are 25 shades in all, and during the Guerlain X StyleXStyle workshop that I attended (where I got to meet local celebrity Sharon Au and the famed local makeup artist Andy Lee), I managed to shamlessly swatch almost all the shades - I swatched a total of 23 out of 25 shades, so you should thank me for the effort! That said, I don't know if I'm ever going to be invited to another Guerlain or StyleXStyle workshop again - I hope the Guerlain and/or StyleXStyle folks weren't too super-horrified at my maniacal arm-swatching, haha. Ah well, I simply couldn't pass up the chance to swatch these babies!


Guerlain Kiss Kiss Lipstick: Yes, I shamelessly swatched all these!

The lighting was indoors, so it wasn't the best, so a lot of these look way better in person. Nevertheless, the quality of the lipsticks is pretty good. All are nice and moisturizing, and the pigmentation is also great - a couple of coats gives you full opacity for almost all the shades. The finish varies depending on the shade - some are cream finishes, some have slight shimmer, some have glitter you can feel when you wear the lipstick, but nothing too sparkly or disco-ball-y. Alright, enough of my rambling, let's get to the swatches proper!

The first batch below are the beige-based shades (with the exception of Air Kiss, which is a plummy-brown shade). Some of them are fairly similar, but they're not identical. 303 Beige Booster isn't actually really beige, it's more of a nice neutral rose shade with a hint of brown, and one of the more universal shades from the line.

Guerlain Kiss Kiss Lipstick Swatches 1
Guerlain Kiss Kiss Lipstick Swatches: The Beiges!

The next batch of Kiss Kiss Lipstick swatches below are the reds. Not all of them are as "red" as they look on my arm - for example, 320 Red Insolence was a bit more of a plummy-rose type shade on me. If you're wondering about shade undertones, then 320 Red Insolence is slightly cool, 321 Red Passion is cool, 322 Red on Fire is sliiiightly warm, 324 Red Love is fairly neutral, 327 Red Strauss is cool. 218 Red Hot is also cool.

Guerlain Kiss Kiss Lipstick Swatches 2
Guerlain Kiss Kiss Lipstick Swatches: The Reds!

After that, the peaches and corals! These are generally not really up my alley, colour-wise (I'm not a fan of warm-leaning lip shades) but in here are lots of nice wearable peaches for those who like the shade. 343 Sugar Kiss and 344 Sexy Coral are apparently two of the "hotter" shades - apparently their popularity was inspired by Korean stars who were wearing similar shades? If you're looking for something less warm, then 340 Miss Kiss and 343 Sugar Kiss would look good on cooler-toned girls too.

Guerlain Kiss Kiss Lipstick Swatches 3
Guerlain Kiss Kiss Lipstick Swatches: The Corals and Peaches!

Lastly, the brights (and other stragglers)! As you can tell, due to the inadequate indoors lighting and the fact that my camera sometimes goes all weird when I take swatches, some of the bright shades don't seem that bright here - 361 Excessive Rose, for example, is pretty much a neon pink. Not your typical neon pink, but a more complex neon-pink-with-a-hint-of-magenta. It's bright, in any case. 360 Very Pink is also a bright almost-neon shade - it's a bit less cool-toned and magenta than 361, but it's also pretty bright. 365 Pink Romance is perhaps one of the sheerer shades I've swatched - it can be built up, but the first coat is not opaque. 325 Rouge Kiss is a red that should have made it into the second photo, but I missed it out and thus included it here. 369 Rosy Boop is also another nice neutral rose colour that would look great on most people, I think.

Guerlain Kiss Kiss Lipstick Swatches 4
Guerlain Kiss Kiss Lipstick Swatches: The Brights and Others!

I hope these swatches helped somewhat! I do regret they aren't any better, but there's only so much one can do when taking indoor swatches. If you like the look of a colour, don't take this set of swatches as gospel - I encourage you to cross-check with the swatches of other bloggers, and good luck picking your favourite shade!

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I read each and every single comment! If you ask a question in your comment, please check back to this post, as I will reply in a comment to this post as well :) Please note that comments with soliciting links to shops or websites will be removed. Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...